A wood BBQ pellet is a small, 1 inch long, 1/4 inch diameter piece of hardwood. Because of their small size, wood pellets burn cleanly and quickly to a fine ash. Wood pellets burn at about 8,500 BTUs per pound. Wood pellets come in a wide variety of “flavors” ranging from hickory and oak to cherry, apple or maple. The pellets in a normal pellet grill are fed from a storage hopper to a burning box at a controlled rate. This rate is adjustable based on whether you want a high temperature for grilling or a low temperature for smoking.
Because of the automated feed of the wood pellets you can literally turn the unit on, give it 10 to 15 minutes to heat up, and be ready to grill in almost no time. This makes it as convenient as a gas grill but with the added flavor of hardwood cooking.
Automation is also great when it comes to smoking. You can smoke for hours in a temperature controlled environment with little work from you. It is also virtually impossible to get a flare-up on a pellet grill. On high a pellet grill will consume about 2 pounds per hour. This would be the temperature you grill steaks and burgers at, You probably wouldn’t want to have the unit running for a full hour. On the smoke setting it will consume about 1/2-pound per hour so if you plan on smoking for 10 hours you will use 5 pounds of pellets.
- Our Grill is Easy and Automatic. You just turn our industry leading Temperature Controller on (150°F – 500°F in five degree increments) and away you go. And now, you can even control your grill from your smartphone with the Green Mountain Grills app! App is currently available for Android and iOS.
- It’s Clean and Simple. You will no longer have to suffer through messy charcoal, lighter fluid, and awkward and dangerous propane tanks.
- The Green Mountain Pellet Grill is Beyond Gourmet! This versatile cooker will grill, roast, and smoke at the push of a button. You can grill hamburgers or steaks at high heat, slow roast a prime rib for that savory flavor, or smoke fish or perhaps a turkey for a special occasion.
- Our Features are Industry Standard. Our Digital Controller comes standard in every grill alongside a Meat Probe, a Low Pellet Alarm, an Ambient Air Sensor (You will be able to grill in all temperatures and wind will never be an issue either!), our fan only feature, and a removable side tray!
- Bottom Line: The taste of the food speaks for itself!
For more information on Green Mountain Grills and to purchase your very own Green Mountain Grill, please visit our partner Advance Grills.