Performance Corp. is a leading wood packaging manufacturer and recycler in the Midwest, providing sustainable packaging and transportation solutions to our customers. Our goals are achieved through implementing a team environment where our employees can thrive and are empowered to achieve their personal and professional goals. At Performance Corp. you are treated like family!
Performance Corporation is hiring a full time Diesel Mechanic\Technician this position is responsible for completing maintenance projects for the fleet of diesel equipment.
The Position is broken down into two possible positions. Diesel Mechanic I and Diesel Mechanic II.
Diesel Mechanic I: Diesel Mechanic I requires 3-5 years of relevant experience and requires a strong skill set and knowledge in the field:
- Advanced mechanical skills & troubleshooting abilities
- Advanced skills and knowledge of trucks – without schooling
- Advanced mechanical skills, DOT inspection class, and brake certification
Diesel Mechanic I start at $20.00/Hour.
Diesel Mechanic II: Diesel Mechanic II requires 5+ years of relevant experience with a strong background, knowledge, and certifiable skills in the field.
- Formal certification + advanced knowledge
- Certifiable skills
- Expert level knowledge or greater
Diesel Mechanic II starts at $25.00/Hour.
Monday – Thursday – A-Shift – 6:30am to 6:30pm.
The Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists and complete predictive and preventive maintenance processes and procedures.
- Perform DOT/FMCSA Compliance inspections as assigned
- Receive direction from the Diesel Mechanic\Technician Supervisor for work/projects to be completed, including the appropriate paperwork
- The Diesel Mechanic\Technician follows all company policies and procedures to ensure optimum efficiency and productivity
- Follows all safety policies and procedures and proactively contributes to the company goal of zero accidents/injuries.
- The Diesel Mechanic\Technician supports the installation and continuous improvement of equipment.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned by Transportation/Maintenance Manager.
- Ensures operation of machinery and equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements on engines, motors, trailers, following diagrams, sketches, operations manuals, manufacturer’s instructions, and engineering specifications, troubleshooting malfunctions.
- Locates sources of problems by observing mechanical devices in operation; listening for problems; using precision measuring and testing instruments. Basic troubleshooting skills are required for the Diesel Mechanic\Technician position.
- Removes defective parts by dismantling devices; using hoists, cranes, and hand and power tools; examining form and texture of parts.
- The Diesel Mechanic\Technician determines changes in dimensional requirements of parts by inspecting used parts, using rules, calipers, micrometers, and other measuring instruments.
- Adjusts functional parts of devices and control instruments by using hand tools, levels, plumb bobs, and straightedges.
- Properly use and operate an ohm meter and voltmeter.
- Help Control downtime by communicating with truck drivers of routine preventive maintenance techniques, monitoring compliance.
- Maintains equipment, parts, and supplies inventories by following guidelines to ensure inventory levels are adequate, reporting needed equipment, parts, and supplies.
- The Diesel Mechanic\Technician conserves maintenance resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Mechanical Background
- Welding Skills
- Fabrication Skills
- Experience with DOT a plus
- Problem Solving Skills
Health, Dental, Vision and Supplemental insurance options, 401k retirement savings plan, attainable incentive program, paid holidays, opportunities for advancement, Free on-site Physical Therapist, and more!
How to apply!
Walk-in interviews welcome from 8:00am-4:00pm
Submit a resume or application by visiting us at www.perfcorp.com
112 N. Mainline Drive
Seymour, WI 54165
To apply for this job please visit performance-corp.com.