Website Performance Corp.
Position: Employee Onboarding Specialist
Reports to: Staffing & Safety Supervisor
FLSA Status: Hourly
This position plays a key role in the staffing & training of personnel within the company, ensuring new hires receive adequate training and information during their onboarding process and working alongside the Safety & Staffing Supervisor to meet company goals and expectations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Maintain internal job board postings for the Seymour locations (to include Transportation employees)
- Schedule and conduct phone and/or in-person interviews for General Labor positions and hire based on need and job fit.
- Schedule and conduct new hire employee orientations at least weekly, based on staffing needs. To perform these job duties successfully, the Employee Onboarding Specialist must be able to:
- Obtain all required new-hire items and documentation (key cards, timeclock PIN#, etc)
- Communicate and present required company/job information to new employees, including the New Hire PowerPoint presentation, safety training videos and quizzes, and be capable of explaining company policies and procedures.
- Review safety quizzes for accuracy
- Complete employee onboarding checklist and ensure appropriate completion of paperwork.
- Enter and scan new employee information and documents into HR database system.
- Communicate with Production Supervisors on new employees and share relevant information to ensure a successful working relationship.
- Communicate employee benefit programs to employees and assist in their enrollment, including Health, Dental, and Accident insurance, 401k, vacation benefits, uniforms, etc. based on direction provided by HR & Compliance Supervisor
- Assist in maintaining the Safety board, finding articles and posting relevant company and or safety information.
- Provide weekly safety talk documents to all company supervisors.
- Receive finished safety talk sign-in sheets and appropriately update the Safety Bonus spreadsheet on a weekly basis. Communicate received and/or missing safety talks to Supervisors.
- Obtain First Aid Training to allow for the treatment of workers compensation related injuries
- Provide First Aid treatment to injured employees
- Transport work related injured persons to the appropriate medical facility
- Assist Safety & Staffing Supervisor in monthly Employee Safety Training events; including training preparation, assisting with videos or organizing the schedule.
- Maintain, communicate, and order inventory of the First Aid Room and Personal Protective Equipment items for both the Seymour and Carney locations
- Assist HR Department Supervisors or Manager with additional tasks as requested
General HR/Administrative Tasks
- Translate company documents, discussions and other information as requested
- Maintain and manage the vending program for the breakroom, adding employees and assigning cards
- Conduct annual Employee Satisfaction Survey for all employees
- Act as primary contact for Employee Relations; maintaining a level of accessibility with employees and communicating concerns, ideas, information to the HR & Compliance Supervisor and/or Staffing & Safety Supervisor as appropriate
- Maintain a clear understanding of company policies and procedures in order to answer questions, provide direction and clarification to employees
- Must be able to maintain appropriate confidentiality of company/employee information
- Assist in the completion of various HR documentation as requested
- Translate for Bellin Physical Therapy twice a week for any and all employees who need/want a Spanish/English translator present at their appointments
- Maintain the Bellin PT schedule by communicating with employees and/or the PT
- Assist in Event Planning as needed; working with the HR Team as a whole
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS To perform this job successfully, an individual be able to perform each duty satisfactorily.
- Education & Experience
- Driver’s license highly recommended
- Communication Skills
- Bilingual in Spanish is required
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule, as needed for company events and trainings. This may vary throughout the year and will be communicated in advance.
- Ability to read & interpret documents such safety rules, instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
- Ability to multi-task in stressful situations
- Mathematical Skills
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Computer Skills
- Knowledgeable in the use of computers, including the ability to enter information into Microsoft Excel, use Microsoft Word, communicate via Microsoft Office email platform and other programs as required.
- Reasoning Ability
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Able to complete and follow-through on tasks provided by HR Department
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to dust particles. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to high.
- General work conditions are those that are typically found in an office setting.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com