Founded in 1981, Performance Corporation is a leading wood products manufacturer as well as a growing transportation services provider located in Seymour, Wisconsin. Employees at Performance Corp work in a team based environment and are recognized as the company’s greatest asset! Through job skills training and open communications with team leaders and managers, their efforts and ideas support an ongoing company commitment to being “customer focused and cost competitive” in a fast-paced, labor intensive industry. This is a golden opportunity to become part of one of the fastest growing companies in the industry.
OVERVIEW & SUMMARY
This position plays a key role in coordinating and dispatching the activities of transportation operations through optimum use of equipment, facilities, and personnel, including assigning motor vehicles and conveyance of freight by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Planning, assigning and coordinating local loads/routes/shipments for Performance Corp. in connection with production/manufacturing to meet customer needs
- Prepare Daily Schedule of loads and communicate any changes with the department.
- Maximize service and utilization of equipment while providing 100% customer service
- Establishes delivery and pick up routes and determines most efficient and economical routing.
- Achieve budgeted departmental targets for key performance indicators.
- Dispatching & Coordinating drivers daily schedules – local group
- Determines routing and legal load limits of trucks, according to established schedules and weight limits of states.
- Maintain effective communication with professional truck drivers & other Performance team members
- Oversee local driver fleet to achieve company objectives of safety, service and professional development, reporting issues to the Transportation Manager
- Manage the empty miles percentage and work to minimize on a daily basis
- Maintain consistent on time service, per industry standard in an efficient, cost effective manner.
- Be a part of the On-Call Team to assist drivers with issues that occur on nights/weekends – based on rotating schedule between the team
- Knowledge of DOT/FMCSA rules & regulations relating to professional Class A CDL Drivers
- Monitor, review and identify problem areas in Drivers Daily Logs/E-Logs
- Communication with Production Team coordinating customer loads
- Attend daily production meetings
- Communicate with Shipping Supervisor in Seymour and Office Manager in Carney to coordinate loads/driver coverage
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily.
- Education & Experience
- Some industry experience preferred
- Education & Experience
- Communication Skills
- Ability to read & interpret documents such safety rules, instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively present data before groups of employees.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Mathematical Skills
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret graphs.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, and percentages. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Computer Skills
- Knowledgeable in the use of computers, including the ability to enter information into Microsoft Excel, use Microsoft Word, and other programs as required.
- Reasoning Ability
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to dust particles. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- General work conditions are those that are typically found in an office setting.
Apply by sending a resume and cover letter to email@example.com or apply online below.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://performance-corp.com/apply-to-seymour →