Website Performance Pallet Corporation
Performance Pallet Corporation
This position plays a key role in assisting the successful daily operations of Performance Pallet Corp. Carney location. This person will be in control of a team of subordinates with the overall goal of running the operation at its highest possible efficiency to maximize the amount of quality product being cut for the manufacturing of Pallets in Seymour, Wisconsin.
Manages and coordinating activities of the Performance Pallet Corp. production team by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Awareness of production schedules and estimates the worker hour requirements (daily) for completion of job assignment.
- Meet daily with the Production Supervisor, Inventory Control Specialist, and the Operations Manager to determine the importance of what needs to happen, to meet customer’s needs.
- Establishes or adjusts work procedures to meet production schedules (Right Product, On-Time, Right Quality, 100% of the time).
- Ensure that production levels are being met each day according to established guidelines.
- Recommends measures to improve production methods, equipment performance, and quality of product.
- Suggests changes in working conditions and use of equipment to increase efficiency of plant or department.
- Analyzes and resolves work problems, or assists workers in solving work problems.
- Inspects products/materials (daily) to verify conformance to customer specifications.
- Confers with other Supervisors & Operations Manager to determine any possible problem that exist.
- Reviews total output, weekly, with Production Supervisor to determine cost effectiveness of operations. This is reviewed weekly in the KPI meeting with the Operations Manager.
- Initiating and implementing the use of Lean Manufacturing concepts within the company
- Researching other manufacturing companies to gain knowledge on equipment use and manufacturing processes
- Assisting with and providing tours to customers, vendors or other personnel as needed
- Availability after normal business hours to address production issues/questions
- Assists and oversees predictive and preventive maintenance processes and procedures.
- Understands and implements program for proper lubrication of mechanical equipment.
- Reviews work orders, assigns tasks, and verifies the quality of work performed.
- Maintains a safe and productive work environment.
- Follows all safety policies and procedures and proactively contributes to the plant goal of zero accidents/injuries.
- Supports the installation and continuous improvement of equipment, along with the Operations Manager.
- Supports facility expansion & equipment upgrade projects, along with the Operations Manager.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned by Operations Manager.
- Maintain housekeeping plans along with the Sawmill Supervisor
- Work closely with the HR & Safety Manager to enforce and/or create safety policies and procedures within the production areas of Performance Pallet Corp.
- Responsible for responding to requests from the HR & Safety Manager in relation to safety and/or HR concerns.
- Indirectly manages a total of 40+ subordinates in the Shipping/Receiving Department, & Production Department. Directly manages the Production Supervisor and maintenance team members, participating in hiring, training, scheduling & performance management.
- Studies production schedules and estimates worker hour requirements for completion of job assignment.
- Suggest changes in working conditions and use of equipment to increase efficiency of plant, department, or work team.
- Responsibilities include planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; motivating and team building, rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Carries out management/supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
- Direct involvement with the Key Performance Indicator (KPI) Reports and the relay of information to and from the Production team and other key management members within the company. This includes the input of data into the report as well as posting information for subordinate supervisors to use and share with general labor employees.
- Direct involvement with the company Operations Manager to identify, develop, implement and support cost effective solutions for the company.
- Responsible for implementing and maintaining a Winter Preparation Plan for the production facility and the company grounds in Carney, MI.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
4 year college degree or Seven to Ten years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of employees of organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations. Must be able to “think outside the box”.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and peripheral vision.
WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud. General work conditions are those that are typically found in a woodworking company. Must be able to wear required personal protective equipment.
To apply for this job please visit performance-corp.com.