Performance Transportation currently has an opening to join our maintenance team as a Shop Assistant. This is an entry level position ideal for candidates looking for an apprenticeship type role. This position will provide opportunities for hands on training and experience towards becoming a heavy duty equipment mechanic.
The day to day responsibilities will involve light mechanical work, grounds/building maintenance, and regularly driving company vehicles to pick up parts and supplies from local vendors. You will also provide general assistance to the fleet mechanics, allowing you to learn from experienced professionals.
Candidates should possess a mechanical background and desire to pursue a career in heavy duty fleet maintenance. Experience in the trucking industry as a mechanic or driver is desired but not a requirement of the position.
A good driving record, employment history, and attendance record are required. Having a Class A Commercial Driver’s License would be ideal.
The position Full Time, First or Second shift. Schedules can be flexible to accommodate students.
Performance Corp. offers a full benefits package to full-time employees, including Insurance, Paid Time Off, Tuition Reimbursement, and 401K.
- Light mechanical work on heavy duty equipment, including semi-tractors and trailers
- Assist maintenance technicians with repair work
- Pick-up parts and supplies from outside vendors
- Conduct trailer counts in the yard
- Washing and detailing fleet equipment
- Putting away and organizing parts inventory
- Facility maintenance such as lawn care, garbage removal, cleaning the maintenance shop etc.
- Snow Removal
- Must have a good driving record
- Must speak, read, and write fluent English
Apply online below!
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://performance-corp.com/fast-app-for-seymour/ →