|JOB TITLE Transportation Coordinator
||Performance Corp. is a leading wood packaging manufacturer and recycler in the Midwest, providing sustainable packaging and transportation solutions to our customers. Our goals are achieved through implementing a team environment where our employees can thrive and are empowered to achieve their personal and professional goals. At Performance Corp. you are treated like family!
|| The Customer Service Representative for the transportation department is responsible for communicating with and supporting customers, drivers and co-workers to help ensure customer needs are being met
||1st shift Monday – Friday 7 am – 4:30 pm
|Essential Duties of the Job
||DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Confer with customers to expedite or locate missing, misrouted, delayed, or damaged merchandise.
- Help establish delivery and pickup routes and determines most efficient and economical routing.
- Assist in managing company trailer pool.
- Review all paperwork to ensure customer requirements are being met.
- Handle daily telephone interface with customers.
- Have direct responsibility of primary contact and communication on all Electronic load tenders from customers. Acceptance based upon direct work with the Transportation Coordinator.
- Work with customers requiring establishment of pickup and delivery times/appointments.
- Work with Regional Sales Manager and Operations team to establish all new customer information including but not limited to location, contact information, hours of operation and driver directions.
- Working directly with the Transportation Coordinator/Logistics Manager to accept customer freight based upon current/projected fleet availability.
- Daily driver contact as necessary to ensure information is provided to drivers and/or customers ensuring on-time safe delivery.
- Coordinate and help communicate all inbound messages from fleet with priority to freeform messages, urgent requests, and then non-conforming transportation updates.
- Work as part of the Transportation/Operations on-call team as scheduled or as necessary.
- Back up the Transportation Coordinator and Performance Pallet Corp. Customer Solutions Coordinator during breaks and time off.
- Work directly with the Performance Pallet Corp. Customer Solutions Coordinator, plan and schedule all pallet loads to deliver within expected requirements.
- Working with the Sales team, support as necessary in regards to quotes, RFP’s and other customer communication.
- Other duties and responsibilities as necessary.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Experience/Education: At least 1-3 years related experience preferred. Associates degree or equivalent experience.
- Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret generally business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to, finger, handle, or feel and talk and hear. The employee is required to sit and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand or walk. The employee must occasionally lift/or move up to 25lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include ability to adjust focus.
||Health, Dental, Vision and Supplemental insurance options, 401k retirement savings plan, attainable incentive program, paid holidays, opportunities for advancement, Free on-site Physical Therapist, and more!
|How to Apply
||Submit a resume or application by visiting us at www.perfcorp.com
112 N Mainline Drive
Seymour, WI 54165