Website Performance Corp.
Position: Yard Supervisor
Reports to: Materials Manager
FLSA Status: Salary
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Primary daily tasks will include delegating appropriate personnel to complete the necessary job duties listed below, while also operating material handling equipment (skid steer, end loader, forklift, plow truck, etc.).
- Supervise the organization of the yard by developing seasonal yard plans with direction from the Materials Manager
- Winter responsibilities to include snow removal to ensure appropriate access to outdoor storage products
- Carry out spring cleanup tasks as directed by the Materials Manager
- Ensure overall yard organization and material handling procedures are followed.
- Ensure proper inventory turnover on a LIFO (last in, first out) basis.
- Maintain an exterior and interior plan for the storage of all raw materials as well as finished product.
- Oversee yard operations including training employees, conduct employee evaluations, planning, assigning, and directing work, addressing complaints, and resolving problems with direction from the Materials Manager.
- Monitor productivity, overtime hours and schedules
- Meet with Materials Manager to establish and prioritize daily task list and overall goals.
- Suggest changes in working conditions and use of equipment to increase efficiency of plant, department, or work team.
- Ensure proper and expedient unloading, detailing, and restocking
- Assist with & participate in monthly physical inventory counts in accordance with accounting procedures.
- Interprets company policies to workers and enforces safety regulations.
- Motivates team members to achieve work goals.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily.
- Education & Experience
- Previous experience in Yard Supervision/Planning
- At least 3-years Material Handling experience
- At least 1-year heavy equipment operating experience
- Two-year certificate from college or technical school; or 1-5 years’ experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Communication Skills
- Ability to read & interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively present data before groups of employees.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Mathematical Skills
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret graphs.
- Computer Skills
- Knowledgeable in the use of computers, including the ability to enter information into Microsoft Excel, use Microsoft Word, and other programs as required.
- Reasoning Ability
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Must be able to work independently with little direct supervision
- Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to walk and use hands to finger, handle or feel.
- The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to dust particles. The employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
- General work conditions are those that are typically found in a woodworking company.
- Must be able to wear required personal protective equipment.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org