Website Performance Pallet Corp
Performance Corp. is a leading wood packaging manufacturer and recycler in the Midwest, providing sustainable packaging and transportation solutions to our customers. Our goals are achieved through implementing a team environment where our employees can thrive and are empowered to achieve their personal and professional goals. At Performance Corp. you are treated like family!
Head Saw Operator:
The Head Saw Operator is responsible for operating the company’s Head Saw in a safe and efficient manner while achieving the production goals. The operator is also required to perform routine maintenance on this machine center.
- Must comprehend and adhere to all safety practices and perform tasks in a safe manner.
- Must be proficient in operating the Head Saw.
- Produce cants from logs
- Produce a quality Railroad tie
- Must know lumber grades or willing to learn.
- Must maintain a safe, clean, and organized working environment around the individual’s work area including clearing saw dust, wood and debris from area.
- Must learn and perform the lock out procedures on the machine center and be rigorous in the application of lock-out/tag out procedures while doing routine cleaning and maintenance.
- Must perform basic machine maintenance.
- Must understand and adhere to all company established practices applicable to employees including those relating to safety, conduct and attendance.
- Must cooperate with other sawmill workers and maintain a healthy and supportive team workplace environment.
- Other duties as required.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must be safety conscious, self-directed and team oriented
- Experience in manufacturing environment preferred
- Successfully pass pre-employment physical, drug screen and background check
Head Saw Operator will be required to perform inspection and routine tasks supporting the equipment and workflow in the general sawmill setting with ambient temperature; noisy environment; subject to saw dust.
Physical Demands – Repetitive tasks, physically demanding, manual dexterity, attention to detail, hand-eye co-ordination, sitting for extended periods of time, combination of sitting, standing, walking, bending, crouching, kneeling.
Mental demands – Must be able to concentrate and stay alert in a fast-paced environment, meet production requirements, and exercise independent judgment to determine what action needs to be taken to maintain the quality standards of the facility. Must be able to read an interpret computer screens and gauges for the optimal performance of the equipment.
Communication skills – must be able to understand and follow verbal and written direction. Must be able to communicate effectively with supervisor and coworkers.
- Operates head saw feed carriage to saw logs into cants or boards.
- Sets dogs adjusts carriage blocks to align log for sawing.
- Activates carriage that moves log against saw blade.
- Observes exposed face of log after first cut to define grade as well as size of next cut adjusts setting of carriage blocks.
- Starts mechanical log turner that turns log over on carriage for subsequent cuts, operate a Vertical Edger.
How to Apply:
Submit a resume or application by visiting us at Carney, MI Openings – Performance Corp (performance-corp.com)
**Walk in interviews welcome: 7 days a week from 8:00 AM – 4:00 PM.**
**Reach out to Frank Ball for more information on the General Labor Associate position at: 906-290-3169**
560 N. Guard Street
Carney, MI 49812-9795
To apply for this job please visit performance-corp.com.